As you settle into a new house it takes some time to really decide how to make it your own. We have gradually been adding little personal touches throughout the place.
In the backyard before the fenced in pasture, there were two raised flower beds. Since Dustin had added a mega garden we didn’t really use it. I tried a couple of times but it still ended up being a weed bed. This last weekend we finally decided to tear it out and turn it into lawn space. Of course you can’t do a job without the help of the hens. They had quite a feast with all the worms.
One other project I have been planning for months but finally took the plunge was to add some barn quilts. My ultimate goal is to add one giant one to the front of the barn but I thought I would start with some side doors. I headed to Lowe’s to figure out some colors of paint. I ended up chatting with the painting guy about his farm stories from his childhood. He grew up only a few miles away. I left Lowe’s with several gallons of exterior paint and ready to paint. Sadie and I designed the pattern and I love how it turned out. It is my plan to make several different designs with the same color scheme.