Things always seem to come back to perspective when you spend some time back in the barn. We have lots of little highlights that have been happening lately. Here are a few:
- The baby chick’s are as big as the rest of the hens. Ringo has plenty of action.
- Bob attacks Ringo if he goes after Lahaina. The humorous part is Ringo is still scared of Bob.
- Some of the baby chick’s or hens are beginning to lay. They are about 21 weeks. They have found a small area under the goat feeder to lay.
- One of the chick’s laid one of the smallest eggs we have ever seen.
- We have the neighborhood cat, Oliver, pretty much as a permanent fixture around the barn. We officially purchased cat food.
- Marilyn is still broody. I have now begun to call her crazy lady since she growls at you if you come near her. Which we are going into months now.
- The garden has been a big success. Sunflowers are blooming and sweet corn will be ready soon.
- Ringo continues to be a stinker and try to kick you when you are not watching. We are trying hug therapy with little success. He may be heading to the dinner table soon.
- The small bantams have found a new roost in the ceiling.
And lastly, Loki has continued to limp and ball up his feet but lately has begun to walk on his foot correctly.